Help Save Our Bees, Birds, and Butterflies
We grow and sell a variety of variety of Long Island native plants for bee friendly gardens. We'll help you get started.
Plant a pollinator friendly garden today.
Visit us at:
- 3 gallons: $20
- 1.5 gallon: $15
- Trade gallon: $10
- Plugs: Deep rooted ($2.50/plug) or Regular ($1/plug)
Articles of Interest
- Ecology of Key Native Beneficial Insects and the Targeted Pests they Control
- Homemade Insecticidal Soap for Hibiscus Plants
- How To Attract Bug Eating Birds
- Milkweed Bugs
- Native Alternatives To Burning Bush
- Native Cultivars vs. Native Plants & Their Attractiveness to Pollinators
- Natural Ways To Control Rust On Plants
- Pollinator-friendly yards could get help from the state of Minnesota (relevant to Long Island as well)
- Stop It Before it Starts Powderly Mildew
- Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) Genotype Differ between Coastal Sties and Inland Road Corridors in the Northeastern US
How many bee friendly plants should I be planting?
"Research out of UC Berkeley's Urban Bee Lab indicates that a 3 square foot grouping of a single plant species is ideal as a pollinator target. Not every garden/landscape can accommodate this and still have a good diversity of plant species. I advise clients to do the best that they can toward this goal. Repetition of bloom throughout the garden of each plant species can help since many bee species have floral constancy and seek out the same plant species on a given foraging mission." -- Kim Eierman, Founder at EcoBeneficial!