Trees that won't go into dormancy in the fall when lit all night; hanging onto their leaves, causing die back and death - Trees Affected By Lighting.
And then more cautiously asked, “How can I talk to my neighbors about their night lighting that shines into my bedroom and is left on all night?”
- Useful - Light only what you need
- Low Light Levels - no brighter than needed
- Targeted - Shield lights & direct downward
- Controlled - Only use light when needed
- Color - Choose warm light bulbs*
* Dark Sky International now recommends maximum of 2200k or use amber or "bug" lights. Learn more about bug lights and reasons why at: Switch to Amber Light